domingo, 20 de mayo de 2012

"The Lighthouse of Asaph" Review by Carol A. Brown

 
The Lighthouse of Asaph by Roberto Ornan Roche is a compilation of essays that will take the reader to heights and depths that many hesitate to go. I appreciated his raw honesty. Roberto shares his journey, of living as a Christian in a country that does not make it easy to keep the faith. Living that faith publically in Cuba and pursuing growth in his faith is difficult, for mentors and teachers are few. Often feeling alone in his pursuit of God, he keeps on trusting. I felt honored to walk with him for a time as I read his words. He encouraged me to persevere in my own discipleship.

This is a translation from Spanish to English--Some may be frustrated with the English translation. In places there was some trouble with idiom, but I did not find it a big enough problem to cause me to lay the book aside. I would recommend this little book to any serious Christian.
 
"The Lighthouse of Asaph: Unforgettable Christian Reflections"
Version paperback:
Version Kindle:
 
Please, support my humble book. Share with your friends and family.

1 comentario:

  1. You are correct Roberto. Your story needs to be told. When I read your story I am pricked by my conscience for the ways in which I squander the blessings the Lord has given me to share and spread His world without the fear of reprisals.
    I am part of a ministry that prays for persons who live under oppressive regimes and risk their very lives to share and spread the gospel. I will include you in these prayers and also pray that the Lord will work wonders for you through your book.
    God bless.
    Yvonne Pat

    ResponderEliminar